Friday, October 14, 2011

A Note from Katelyn

Hello my family and friends,

"I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am assigned to labor in the Brazil Londrina Mission. It is anticipated that I will serve for a period of 18 months. I will prepare to preach the gospel in the Portuguese language".

5 months was ago I got my mission call. The last 6 months have been a complete whirlwind. I decided to serve a mission and within a month I was lucky enough to receive my call. I can't believe how time flies by so fast! I never thought 5 months would pass and I would be ready to leave. But here I am, less than a week to go and I sometimes find myself wanting more time to spend with my family and friends. But regardless of what I want, I'm here, prepping to leave.

I am so excited to go on a mission. I enter the MTC next Wednesday. Because of visas and paperwork, I will be entering the Provo MTC on October 19th. I don't think I will be there for very long. My last bit of my visa has been entered in so my assumption is that I will be there 2-3ish weeks? But you never know. Either way, I am excited to be able to go to Provo. Provo has become my second home and it will be a good segway to the mission. Besides, my family and friends have promised me I get packages in Provo ;) I have a couple good friends that work at the Provo MTC, so maybe with some luck I'll be able to see them as well! After going to the Provo MTC for some time, I will (hopefully), head down to the Brazil MTC (or CTM) to finish out the remainder of my two months there. I think I calculated that I'll be in the field around December 14th. Right in time for Christmas time!

I don't know what to expect, but I am excited to put my feet on the ground and start walking! And see what's ahead :)

So this blog is going to be run by my sister Rachael. On it will be my weekly emails that I send to my family. Hopefully I will send pictures as well that she will also post. And hopefully, she will be good at keeping it updated (love you Rach). As far as I know, I can email my family, but no one else. Packages and letters will be sent to my mission home address which is on the side of this blog.

Thanks for reading and wanting to stay updated! Hopefully you will enjoy it!
I love you all and I will see you all in 18 months!

Love,
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment