Tuesday, December 6, 2011

6 Dec 2011

Hello all!
Merry Christmas season! Kind of crazy that its already the 2ndish week in December!
Before I forget, just so all of you know, if you plan on sending me letters, don´t send them to the CTM address. Start sending them to my mission address because Im leaving in 2 weeks! Crazy! Im so not ready. The language is coming along. I can communicate with the Brazilians a little bit better now. Well I can at least say simple statements that make sense to them.
Also, congrats on the State Championship! Madie! Im sure it was awesome being there and being a senior. Nothing better...honestly! Also...why does NO ONE inform me on BYU football news?! Like Im dying and Im slightly sad that I have NO idea what is going on. Jake Heaps left BYU?!?!?!?! I never liked him anyway. As far as other sports go from BYU, geez...keep me informed why dont you all?!
What else....oh I played basketball every day last week. It was so awesome. It did my heart so good! And I beat some of the boys and HORSE and at knock-out/bump. That felt really good too :) And then they beat me once or twice and that annoyed me. My elders have learned that Im just a tad competitive.
Man, I feel like there hasnt been much going on lately. Oh guess what?! After dinner, we have about a half hour to study or whatever. So I try to find a room to play the piano. So every day I go and play the piano for a little bit. Its actually a really nice way to get away from all the studying and everything and just play. Of course, you all know Im not amazing, but it is still nice all the same.
Funny story. This morning, I was supposed to go with my district to the temple. Meaning that when our district is called to go on the bus, then we all go and leave. It was our districts time to go on the rickety vans instead of the really nice charter bus. Im walking down the stairs with them and then the guard tries to talk to me in Portuguese...didnt work. And then he said that I could ride on the bus instead of the crappy vans. Haha I LOVE being a girl :)
A new district came into teh CTM on Wednesday and there are 3 girls going to Londrina! I was pretty excited about it. They are just a transfer behind me so thats pretty cool.
Today has been a really good day so far. Sometimes I feel bad because I either have to follow the elders around (when we are out on the town) or I have to make them follow me somewhere so Im not by myself. And then there always has to be at least 2 elders that go into the store after me because there cant be just me and another elder. But its always fun to try to figure that stuff out.
Also...I have been looking for HAIRSPRAY everywhere today and I cant find it. Which means for the next two weeks...my hair...is going to be IMPOSSIBLE. I cant find it anywhere and Im slightly annoyed/freaking out. Apparrently...brazilians dont USE hairspray? What in the world?
My roomates left for the field this morning, so Im going to be getting 3 more tomorrow! Crazy! Im spending this afternoon cleaning our bathroom and room. There are literally balls of hair on the tile. It is soooo disguisting.
Also, I memorized D&C 4 yesterday so now I just need to memorize it in Portuguese! I memorized the first vision in Portuguese too so Im pretty pumped about that. Im almost done with the Book of Mormon. Im in the middle of when Jesus comes to the Americas. Such an awesome part!
Thanks Grandma Empey for the letters! My district actually loves getting your letters. Did I mention that before? They love me reading the poems or stories that are attached with your letter. They say its always exactly what they need to hear. About having a positive attitude, being grateful, etc.
Anyways, time is up but I love you all!
Cant wait to update you all next week!!
Love,
-Sister Katelyn Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment