Tuesday, April 24, 2012

23 April 2011

Helllloooooo everyone!

This week was crazy and I just have a feeling that its only going to get crazier! So this is the deal. Im starting this week with a lot more time so I can talk more.

Im getting really good at feeling when something is going to happen. This is the topic of the first part of my email.

1) So our zone is really small. It only has like 10 people in the whole zone. So the ZLs call for us specifically every day because they can. So it was really like 10:15 and we were laying down, ready to start sleeping right? We were thinking "yes" lets start sleeping earlier!" And then I told Sis Ayumi, no, we are going to get one more phone call from someone. We havent heard from our zone leaders all day. They are going to call in the next 10 minutes. And about a minute after I said that...they called. And one of our zone leaders is American. Hes really awesome. Anyways I answered the phone and it was silence and then all he said (American) was "hello"...thats it...seriously...he is keeping us up to say hello?! But he talked more after that and it was good because we talked about our investigators and possible baptisms. But it just goes to show you...I am right some times (´cough´ ´cough´...mom)

2) Sis Ayumi and me always bet chocolates at who is right with the roads. Like I say...no its this number on this road...and she doesnt believe me...so we have bet I think 5 times or something like that at who is right....I am winning a lot of chocolate :) Haha I have yet to lose.

3) I feel like I will get transfered. Really we dont know yet. But I REALLLLLLLY hope Im wrong on this one. The worst fear...or one of the worst fears as a missionary is leaving an area (getting transfered, or leaving for your house at the end) and not feeling like you made a difference. And up until this point in Campo Mourao, Sis Ayumi and I feel like we arent done with this area and there are soooo many more people to talk to and to help...so we will know later if we will get transfered this week. We are all meeting together (all missionaries) in Londrina and will transfered right after the meeting with Elder Cook on Saturday.

4) Ok Im really happy I was right about this one. Me and Sis Ayumi got packages on the same day! I just knew my package would come like Wednesday or Thursday. And it did! It happened to be our best day this week. It was awesome. And it was actually really fun because we both got reallllly good packages at the same time :) We had awesome numbers for the day! Found a new investigator when we were clapping at gates. Oh she´s awesome. Shes a new mom. She has a brand new baby (2 months old) and she reallly liked our message (just a scripture for the first day) and was excited for us to come back. And when we came back we left a BOM with her. We did a teaching record for her because we know she has awesome possibilities to progress and stuff. With her husband too but its reallllly hard to find him at home because he works so much. Anyways really cool. It was one of my favorite days on my mission so far. We really did a lot of good stuff and accomplished a lot of things and then got packages to finish off the day. We had a little party opening packages in our room haha

5) Also I was right about this...and NO ONE believed me....I knew that we would have one extra week in the transfer and I knew that we would all join together and have transfers all at the same time in Londrina. And no one believed me! Haha. But we are allllll super pumped for this weekend. We have the conference with Elder Cook and then after we will leave for different chapels in Londrina to have lunch and learn where we are going. It will drive me crazy not know exactly where (if Im leaving) not knowing until Saturday...but its all good. And this last week was awesome! The mission had TONS of baptisms. Ok not tons, but there was A LOT of baptisms and we were all pumped for all the baptisms. President Tavares asked that we all continue for the safety and health of our mission so that we can all be ready for Elder Cook. And that we can be spiritually prepared to receive promptings and revelations that we need to be better missionaries. We are all instructed to be on our best behavior :) haha

So I know...this letter may seem like I am a little prideful...but...I just I am learning to trust my first insticts. Through this...these are just silly things that dont matter a whole lot. But it is showing me that Heavenly Father gives me ideas through the Holy Ghost...and a lot of times...we just have to trust our first insticts. They may not always be right, but if they are REALLY wrong...Heavenly Father will change it for us. Heavenly FAther loves us SOOOO much that when we do whats right and try to do whats right, he will protect us and he will guide our lives. We may lose a chocolate once in a while or something like that...but whats more important is that we trust the quiet ideas that come into our minds and just go with it. Thats what faith is...just going blindly sometimes and if you feel like something is right...just do it. And talk with Heavenly Father and say...look....I dont know what Im doing...but Im going for it and Im in your hands. Anyways just an idea.

Now for a little more....Sis Ayumi has been a bit sick this week. And we have been in and out of the house for 3 almost 4 days...ugh. Its driving me crazy! The Area Book is beautiful again and I updated all of our investigators and stuff like that...so thats good :) Anyways...shes actually feeling pretty decent today...so we are all praying that she will only get better every day. Heaven forbid that she will be sick and not be able to be there with Elder Cook. Also...you all will get a kick out of this....my district sure did. So President Tavares wants all missionaries to learn a language...obviously Portuguese...but also Brazilians to learn English. So every meeting we have (district, zone) we always have someone bear their testimony in Portuguese and someone bear their testimony in English (usually it is a Brazilian...you know to practice their english). But my district leader thought it would be a good idea to have me bear my testimony in English...holy cow! That was sooooooooooooooooooo hard! They all laughed through the whole thing. I started by saying "Elders and Sisters" and then starting talking in portuguese again....and then my district leader had to stop me because I didnt realize I was talking in English. I started saying something...trying to talk a little faster...ya didnt work...started talking in Portuguese....ya...finally...choppily, I could say I know the church is true and the book of mormon is true...and a couple other things that didnt have a whole lot of good grammar in the middle...

Until next week!

Love you all!
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment