Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

Hello everybody!

I want to first and foremost say thank you for all of you and what you have done for me in my life. Many times the people I come in contact with say that my parents raised me the right way. Because the influence of all of you, I am who I am. And thank you for all of the support and love that you have shown me. And especially alllll the prayers! Keep them going. And Im praying for all of you often tooo :)

So this week was an interesting week. I thought I was going to Maringa, but I got there and some of the situations changed. So we hauled allll of my luggage (it keeps on getting bigger) up 4 flights of stairs, only to bring it alll back down again 3 hours later. Sister Tavares drove us to Maringa, and then my companion stayed there with the other companionship and I rode back with Sister Tavares to come back to Aeroporto. Im super excited to be here and work here for a while. And really, I dont know how long Ill be here. Anyways. It was kind of cool to be with Sister Tavares for a long time. And I just want to say that she is AWESOME! She does so much for all of the missionaries and everything. So I felt special to ride in the car with her. We talked about a ton of stuff...but obviously...we focused on our purpose as missionaries :D

Anyways so it was a little interesting to come back to an area I've been before, and actually I lived out of a suitcase until this morning because I was afraid that I would get transferred again... haha. But I bit the bullet and right now...Im more organized.

Anyways, last night we had a lesson with a couple that was being taught by the missionaries before we got there. And they LOVE those elders. So its hard to show them that WE are cool tooo! And they are ready for baptism but hadnt received an answer yet. BUT! We had a member with us last night in the lesson and they like this member a lot. He came home from a mission like 1 year ago. So we taught with him. She opened up a lot and she said that she recieved an answer and she wants to be baptised! All because of that member haha! But Im super happy about that lesson and we are going to win them over this week and they will see that we are awesome sisters too. This shows you all the power of members! So members....get excited to get into the work....you all can be awesome tools for those missionaries. WE NEED YOU! :) We can always do more to help the missionaries. like Elder Nelson said....just ask the missionaries !!!! :)

Love you all! Until next weekkkk!

-Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment