Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012

Hello family!

Time just flies by sometimes. I feel like it was 2 days ago that I was writing another email.

I cant write all that happened. But Ill write a couple of experiences fast.

1) Im forgetting my life before the mission haha. I am actually forgetting how to talk in English. Every day we have language study where we help our brazilian sisters that are living in our house with english and they help with portuguese. But I am learning...as is everyone else that I am forgetting english and that I no longer am a good teacher for pronunciation, but they have to ask Sister Bullen haha. Its actually really funny. And everything here is normal for me now. People ask me what its like in USA, but I dont remember.

2) Sister Bullen is great! She is a great missionary already! (I dont know what they are doing in the CTM/MTC, but they are getting better as they come!)

3) We visited with an investigator this week. And we seriously broke some ice with her. She is really stubborn and its hard for us to explain the importance of baptism with authority, and the importance of going to church. We had a really good lesson with her talking about the importance of baptism and not drinking coffee more. And I think it finally clicked. For a least a little bit. And she said that she doesnt want to get baptised right now...but eventually. Thats a lot better than last time we talked to her! And she prayed at the end of the lesson and it was an AWESOME prayer! She asked for help and guidance and all that kind of stuff. I was super pumped after. The spirit was strong!

4) Also...another investigator....a type of eternal investigator. We had a lesson with her. And afterwards she said....wow, if you two keep talking...youll get me converted really fast! Heck yes!!!!!

5) "I ran into 2 posts this week...." [I have to add...as a Mom of Sister Empey...this is normal for her haha!!!  She is forever tripping or running into stuff...it's actually pretty hilarious...we as a family, just shake our heads :) ]

6) We had a lot of investigators in the church the week. And a lot of them were kids to watch a baptism of their friends. And we sat in the back. Seriously....I thought I would go hide in a corner because it was so crazy watching like 6 kids running in and out of the sacrament room. Ya....I thought you would all laugh at watching me. [ya...I can picture this too!]  "So glad Im not having any kids ANY time soon" [don't be fooled...she LOVES children!!!]

But anyways....so much for an hour huh?

Gotta go! Love you all! Have a fabulous week! And everybody... think of me walking in Brazil making everyones life better hahahahaha!!!!!!!

Love!
-Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment