Monday, August 20, 2012

August 20, 2012

Hello family and friends!

Welp....Im getting transferred AGAIN! So me and Sister Bullen won´t be together for another transfer. Im getting transferred to another area in Londrina. Haha I think Im going to stay in Londrina for all of my mission. Or close anyway. So I moved back to an area in the Londrina Stake. And me and my companion (I dont know who it will be yet, but not Sister Bullen) will open an area! Ahhh! It was open but for Elders. So we have a new ward and all that kind of stuff. So the area is called Centro Civico, in the central part of Londrina. And guess who is in our ward?!?!?!!? President and Sister Tavares! And now I dont have a choice! I HAVE to work hard and I have to have investigators at church and we have to be on our best behavior. How nerve WRACKING! And you know how there is a member in the ward that always cooks for us every week. Welp....we had lunch with Sister and President Tavares this week in their house. Haha I never thought that would happen. Anyways....things are always moving and changing huh? Im going to miss our ward. Its a great ward and they always cook really well. Oh Im a little bit nervous to open an area for sisters. I hope they like us!!!!!


Also, this week was a little different. There was a lot of things going on. Friday, we went to Londrina for the WHOLE day. We went to a couple of doctors appointments for my back. And I did my first session of Acupucture. CARAZZY! And we had lunch with the President and Sister Tavares because we were going to these appointments with Sister Tavares. And I received a priesthood blessing from President Tavares and the Assistants. I won´t lie, I felt the power of the Priesthood. It was an experience really special. Also, I felt the humility of the President and the power that he has. That all men (+12 years) have. He talked a little bit about Jesus Christ and how he accomplished a lot of miracles during his ministry. And how he gave that power to the apostles to do the same miracles. And how we have that power today. That men have the power of the Priesthood to have miracles happen in our lives. It was really cool to think about. The only difference between us and Jesus Christ is our faith and our dignity. I know the Priesthood is real and that miracles are possible in our lives.
So it was a special and different kinda day and I told Sister Bullen that she shouldnt expect a day like this again in the mission haha.

Also, there was 2 families that are inactive that were at church Sunday! It was super cool! I was super happy to see them! It was really exciting for me to see them. Also, all of the returned missionaries in the ward (and us) sang in a choir yesterday for a special musical number. Oh it was SOOOOO cool and everyone cried haha. It was really really awesome. They all brought their name tags and wore their name tags. And the thing that was funny was that they were so proud of their name tags and that they were missionaries, a lot of them kept them on until the end of sacrament meeting. It helped the young men to get excited for missions too. Anyways, it was cool.

Another hour gone. I love you all and I hope that this week is awesome for you all!!!!

Good luck!

-Sister Empey

No comments:

Post a Comment